There was never, in fact, a Night Vale Harbor and Waterfront Recreation Area.
Examples by Episode Edit
- History Week
- The Traveler
- Ash Beach: The beach is opened and Cecil states that Night Vale residents should wait for the oceans to rise and create a waterfront in town. The beach is then flooded and destroyed.
- Summer 2017, Night Vale, USA: The clash of many realities causes an ocean to appear near the Night Vale Harbor and Waterfront Recreation Area; the ocean is only visible from the Waterfront Recreation Area’s boardwalk and Carlos warns Night Vale citizens not to approach it.
- Council Member Flynn, Part 2: Tamika Flynn calls for a closing of the port authority. Cecil says that although Night Vale has no body of water, some ships do arrive in the city.
- A Door Ajar Part 1: People are being found drowned, even though no body of water exists in Night Vale; oceaninc water and strange clear jelly is being found throughout the town; Sheriff's Secret Police and the scientists are looking for the ocean.
- A Door Ajar Part 2: A ship is destroyed when the ocean disappears from beneath it. A group of sailors appears in Night Vale. The Night Vale Tourism Board and the Night Vale Business Association fight the Marine Biology Association over plans for the expansion of the Night Vale Harbor and Waterfront Recreation Area.
- A Door Ajar Part 3: Old Town Night Vale is flooded by the phantom ocean; it is also raining.