"The April Monologues" is the 85th episode of Welcome to Night Vale. It was originally released on April 1, 2016.
It is April, and, once again, something is different.
Plot Developments Edit
- Intern Maureen / Chad Bowinger: The Faceless Old Woman confirms that Chad from The September Monologues is the same person as Chad the Intern from Station Management and is the boy in the hoodie with the sinister beagle puppy who has been accompanying Intern Maureen about town recently. Steve Carlsberg was the person who suggested that Chad *get* a puppy, which Chad took to mean *summon* a puppy.
- Michelle Nguyen: Alone in Dark Owl Records, as usual, Michelle finds herself enjoying having Maureen coming in looking for new music. She even decides to give Maureen her favorite music, "hopcore" (a recording of Michelle hopping on the floor).
- Joseph Fink first alluded to Michelle and Intern Maureen possibly pairing up during Night Vale's book tour stop at the 92Y in New York, after being asked which two characters he shipped:
The one that I've seen that's my favorite is Intern Maureen and Michelle Nguyen...I think that, yeah, I would enjoy listening to those conversations.
- Michelle's joke *should* be: "I listen to Bach often, but not Offenbach." (Jacques Offenbach, composer of "Orpheus in the Underworld", better known as "the can-can music".)
|Put your [static] in, take your [static] out. Put your [static] in and [static] all about.|
- The voice of The Faceless Old Woman is Mara Wilson
- The voice of Michelle Nguyen is Kate Jones
- The voice of Steve Carlsberg is Hal Lublin