|A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we lay open-eyed, watching it all. Welcome to Night Vale.|
"Summer 2017, Night Vale, USA" is the 111th episode of Welcome to Night Vale. It was released on August 1, 2017.
Cecil updates his listeners on a variety of topics.
Plot Developments Edit
- Do Not Approach the Dog Park: The City Council reiterates for the 1874th consecutive day that the Dog Park is not to be approached by either dogs or humans; Cecil wonders why it is called the Dog Park if it's neither for dogs nor a park.
- The Angels: The Angels organize a memorial for Old Woman Josie and everyone in town comes, as they are overcome with the feeling of finally being able to acknowledge the existence of angels.
- Water, Water Nowhere: The clash of many realities causes an ocean to appear near the Night Vale Harbor and Waterfront Recreation Area; the ocean is only visible from the Waterfront Recreation Area’s boardwalk and Carlos warns Night Vale citizens not to approach it.
- The House That Doesn't Exist: Carlos and his scientists renew their investigation of the house.
- The Underground City: The city disappears, probably as the result of the Holes in Reality being healed.
- The opening of the episode is a direct reference to those appearing in Pilot, One Year Later, and Old Oak Doors Part A (which are the first episodes of the first three "years" of the podcast).
- The number of consecutive days the City Council reminded the citizens about the Dog Park is exactly the same as the number of days between the release of Pilot (in which the Dog Park is first mentioned) and the release of Summer 2017, Night Vale, USA.
|There is no proof you exist, only evidence.|