Dr. Sarah Sultan is the president of Night Vale Community College. She is also a smooth, fist-sized river rock.
In an announcement about the college Capital Campaign, President Sultan revealed that she can communicate by sending telepathic messages, including feigned coughs. She expressed her support for the study of all the sciences, except astronomy, because, as she stated under the cover of pretended coughing, "Nobody cares about astronomy." The rabbits donated to the Capital Campaign were reported to have broken into Sultan's office and licked her viciously for several minutes before her administrative assistant freed her.
When asked about the fringe views of adjunct archeology professor Harrison Kipp, she replied by writing, "No comment." She also drew an insulting caricature of Night Vale Community Radio reporter Cecil Palmer, who described it as "hurtful and unnecessary."
During the revolt against StrexCorp, Sarah Sultan had Leann Hart hurl her at some StrexCorp workers. The two of them successfully defended an angel who bore a remarkable resemblance to the recently ascended Marcus Vanston.
- Issued "no comment" (and added a caricature of Cecil) when asked about Harrison Kipp
- Used as a weapon by Leann Hart
- Encouraged study of all sciences except astronomy; licked repeatedly by escaped rabbits
- Presided over a faculty meeting
- Refused to provide any information about Harrison Kipp's dig
- Good friend of Old Woman Josie.
- When Old Woman Josie broke her hip and couldn't bowl, she had Sarah substitute on Cecil's bowling team. "Sarah's a fast learner." (Ep 97 Josefina)
- Sarah turned out to be quite a good bowler, despite being a smooth fist sized river rock. (Ep 98 Flight)