"Old Oak Doors Part B" is the second half of the 49th episode of Welcome to Night Vale and the second half of the Night Vale 2nd anniversary live show. It was released on July 1st, 2014.
Plot Developments Edit
- Mayoral Election: Votes are cast and ignored. The pulses from Hidden Gorge decide Dana Cardinal is the new mayor.
- StrexCorp: Night Vale has succeeded in overthrowing StrexCorp with the help of Intern Dana and her army of Masked Warriors and Angels, Tamika Flynn and her militia, and Cecil
- Old Oak Doors: Carlos figures out how to close the Old Oak Doors and keep The Smiling God from reaching Night Vale; Outsiders have to leave Night Vale.
- Carlos: Carlos, being an outsider, leaves Night Vale, though promises he will return.
- Cecil's Family: It's implied Cecil and Steve Carlsberg are stepbrothers.
Wonderwall is the only '90s song visible from space.
- This is the second half of the Night Vale 2nd anniversary live show.
- Old Oak Doors Parts A and B were recorded live at The Town Hall in NYC on June 4, 2014.
- Old Oak Doors Parts A and B are the first live show to be released as regular episodes.
- Live Music: Disparition featuring: Jon Bernstein, Deepthi Welaratna, Valerie Evering, and Mari Yamamoto.
- Guest Voices:
- The voice of Steve Carlsberg was Hal Lublin
- The voice of Kevin was Kevin R. Free.
- The voice of Dana was Jasika Nicole.
- The voice of Tamika Flynn was Symphony Sanders.
- The voice of Carlos was Dylan Marron.
- The voices of Hiram McDaniels was Jackson Publick.
- The voice of The Faceless Old Woman was Mara Wilson.
- Meg Bashwiner does the outro/presents the writers and voice actors.
- Joseph Fink and Jeffrey Cranor thank the audience after the Proverb.
- During the second of the live performances of this episode, Hal Lublin literally lifted Cecil Baldwin off the ground during the Steve Carlsberg hug moment.
- Old Oak Doors' proverb was previously posted to Jeffrey Cranor's twitter account.
- Cecil's reaction to Steve Carlsberg's impression was not written out in the script according to Joseph Fink's twitter account.
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named