She participates in ballet fights  and is the leader of the Night Vale High School's wheelchair basketball team. She led the division in assists  and went on to set a state record in assists (with 22).
Janice is stated to be ten years old in Numbers, and eleven years old in The Registry of Middle School Crushes.. Neither age is consistent with Cecil's statement in WE MUST GIVE PRAISE that Janice was a second grader during the 2014-2015 school year. In Council Member Flynn, Part 1 Cecil says that Janice is a sophomore.
- Steve Carlsberg - Steve seems very fond of his stepdaughter, calling her "my little girl." When Kevin was trying to persuade Steve to join StrexCorp, Steve's first thought was of getting Janice into a good school. Both Steve and Cecil were perplexed by Kevin's suggestion that she needed to be "heal[ed]." When Steve realized Kevin actually meant "fix[ed]," he was outraged and threw Kevin out by the lapels into one of the old oak doors. He said, "Anything for my girl. Try and tell me there's something about her needs 'fixing'!" .
- Cecil Gershwin Palmer - Cecil is very fond and proud of his niece, whom he help a lot when her mother needed money to deal with Janice's spina bifida . He supports her basketball team even though he does not seem to unserstand the sport itself .
- Carlos - Janice seems to really like Carlos, whom he called "uncle" even before he and Cecil got married .
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Episode 114 Council Member Flynn, Part 1
- ↑ Episode 44 Cookies
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Episode 110 Matryoshka
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Episode 71 The Registry of Middle School Crushes
- ↑ Ghost Stories
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Episode 115 Council Member Flynn, Part 2
- ↑ Episode 42 Numbers
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Episode 49B Old Oak Doors Part B
- ↑ Episode 70B Review