Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A large number of mysterious Hooded Figures currently inhabit the town of Night Vale. Little is known about their history or why they came to Night Vale, but citizens are recommended to avoid the group as a whole. Despite this advice, there are numerous instances of Hooded Figure sightings around town. They frequently lurk around the Dog Park, the elementary school's playground, and are supposedly regular patrons of Big Rico's Pizza. They are even celebrated in the Night Vale Stadium, which is closed every day except for Night Vale's annual Parade of the Mysterious Hooded Figures on November 10th.
The hooded figures seem to have some kind of political influence over the town, as two are seen standing behind Mayor Pamela Winchell when she gives a speech in The Mayor. Cecil states that Night Vale citizens "have always trusted in the unknowable purposes of the hooded figures".
There is one hooded figure who lurks under the slide in the Night Vale Elementary playground and another who openly, uncontestedly steals babies. Citizens are advised to not even look at the hooded figures for any period of time, though Cecil and many others clearly ignore this suggestion without any apparent harm.
It is unknown what color the hooded figures are.
- Episode 4 PTA Meeting: One of the hooded figures stopped by the radio station. Cecil took this as opportunity for a interview and asked the figure about its thoughts on the recent expansion of the Dog Park. However, the figure could not speak in words anyone could understand, instead emitting sounds of loud, static buzzing.
- Episode 18 The Traveler: Cecil conjectures about the sudden disappearance of the Traveler by suggesting that the Hooded Figures might have suddenly surrounded him, making him disappear. Regardless, it is certain that Jerry's Tacos fell under the management of the Hooded Figures.
- Episode 20 Poetry Week: Night Vale's Poet Laureate Trilety Wade wrote a poem about falling in love with a hooded figure, and was definitely in no way coerced to write the poem by morse code or "bone telepathy".
- Episode 24 The Mayor: Hooded figures are seen standing behind Pamela Winchell as she is giving her retirement announcement. They reportedly stared down reporters, who grew gray and hunched with melancholy. Many began wailing and clutching their eyes.
- Faceless Old Woman: Dana is trying to work out the connection between The Man in the Tan Jacket and the hooded figures.
- Episode 51 Rumbling: Mayor Cardinal refers to the hooded figures in the dog park.
- Episode 57 The List: The hooded figures are leering and laughing at citizens.
- Episode 58 Monolith: The Christmas spirit, in Night Vale, inspires people to bow their heads more respectfully in the presence of the hooded figures.
- The Librarian: The hooded figures are wearing matching black and white tennis shoes.