The happenings of Dark Owl Records are frequently reported on during the Community Calendar segment. The ghost of Buddy Holly appears there occasionally. Curtis Mayfield gave a reading from his autobiography there. At one time, the staff was planning to start a band, using knives and hammers.
Immediately after the takeover of the city of Night Vale by StrexCorp Synernists Incorporated, the Dark Owl Records staff were incarcerated in a deep pit in a rarely traveled part of the desert. This was described as a "free concert."
The staff was apparently released after the rebellion, for by September, Michelle was back at the front desk, degrading and ripping customers off.
Despite being a record store, Michelle hides or destroys records one has heard of, so that nobody can buy them anymore.
Community Calendar reports Edit
- Feral Dogs: On Monday the staff will be wearing sweater vests.
- The Traveler: 8:00 PM Thursday, Curtis Mayfield reads from his new book
- First Date: On Wednesday the staff is getting a band together.
- A Beautiful Dream: This Friday, the staff will be putting on a live concert. They will be scratching madly at the sides of a deep pit in a rarely-traveled part of the desert. They will also be screaming, and starving. They will be crying and clawing; no one will hear them for days.
- Visitor: Friday afternoon, the staff will be wearing black pants and chain mail veils.