Fandom

Welcome to Night Vale Wiki

Children's Fun Fact Science Corner

430pages on
this wiki
Add New Page
Comments0 Share

The Children's Fun Fact Science Corner is a recurring segment on Cecil Palmer's show on Night Vale Community Radio. It offers a kid-friendly, educational take on a variety of scientific topics, such as how weird the moon is,[1] the meanings of birds,[2] the horror of the void,[3] the horror of the non-void,[3] measurement,[4] the dangers of deer,[5], the many things children need not be afraid of (because everything is perfectly fine),[6] and of course, the terrifying possibility that consciousness can survive death.[6]

Occurrences Edit

  • The Shape in Grove Park: about the moon: What is it? Have there been studies on this? Is it watching us? etc.
  • The Man in the Tan Jacket: common birds and their meanings.
  • The Mayor: how terrifying the night sky is.
  • Cassette: different measurements (the the cardinal directions, temperatures, locations, cardinal, emotions, birds, names, sounds)
  • Missing: the dangers of deer.
  • The Auction: a range of topics, including fairy rings of mushrooms, black helicopters, death and the possibility that consciousness survives death.
  • Antiques: Stick out your tongue!
  • There Is No Part 1: Part 2: The growing of tendrils started in Part 1
  • Best Of?: the invention of radio
  • A Stranger: Did you know that over 70% of the earth’s surface is water? It’s true! Scientists believe that the other 30% is some kind of animal hide.
  • All Right: the mysteries of interaction.
  • Flight: an experiment concerning putting wires and a battery into one's heart cavity.

References Edit

  1. Episode 5, The Shape in Grove Park
  2. Episode 14, The Man in the Tan Jacket
  3. 3.0 3.1 Episode 24 The Mayor
  4. Episode 33, Cassette
  5. Episode 36, Missing
  6. 6.0 6.1 Episode 37, The Auction

Ad blocker interference detected!


Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.